air.one – 2018 Light Sport Aircraft of the Year
A flying experience like no other, the most advanced airframe design and materials coupled with the ability to take off and land on water, having just rolled the ICON A5 off a trailer you brought from your garage at home, the peace of mind provided by a ballistic parachute if it all goes terribly wrong… this is sport flying at its best.
The LSA category allows pilots to obtain their license and get behind the controls of this beautiful and safe aircraft after just 20 hours.
The carbon fibre fuselage has been designed to be spin resistant, single hand folding wings, have you flying in just 2 minutes, the cockpit includes an angle of attack indicator, making for safe climb and approach angles, doing much of the thinking for you. Innovation and design stares at you from every angle.
” YOU WILL NEVER REGRET THE DAY YOU BUY AN ICON A5, YOU CAN EVEN TAKE IT EVERYWHERE YOU GO! ” @aironeteam
Art meets aviation, the Icon A5 is effortless, simple and beautiful:
- General Features: Effortless folding wings, planning wingtips, Icon parachute system, amphibious capabilities.
- Landing Gear: Retractable nose wheel gear, amphibious hull with retractable rudder for improved on water manoeuvrability.
- Avionics: The AoA (Angle of Attack indicator) does much of the thinking for you, portable GPS and with a mount in the panel.
- Cabin Features: Carbon fibre panelling, removable windows, ample storage behind the seats for your snorkel and beach umbrella.
- Cabin Design: You will never look at another airplane cockpit the same again, it makes everything else feel pedestrian. A huge amount of thought has gone into the cabin design to emulate the experience you would expect when you step into your super car and they have delivered.