Buy Cessna 408 SkyCourier turboprops with air.one
The Cessna 408 SkyCourier is a clean-sheet, purpose designed twin-turboprop cargo aircraft for the launch customer FedEx with the specific use case to enable the carriage of 3 x LD3 shipping containers. In addition to freight, the SkyCourier can be configured with a commuter cabin with 19 passenger seats for reginal airliners.
The Cessna SkyCourier made its maiden flight in May 17 2020 and is expected to achieve FAA certification in 2021 with entry into service expected in early 2022.
The Cessna SkyCourier with its seating capacity of up to 19 passengers and 2 crew with a max payload of 5000 lbs, whilst the cargo configuration allows for a max payload of 6,000 lbs and the direct loading of 3 x LD3 shipping containers through the ultra-wide aft cargo door.
“The Cessna SkyCourier is a purpose built freighter, designed to accommodate 3 x LD3 shipping containers.
The Cessna 408 SkyCourier is expected to replace a portion of the Beechcraft 1900D and Viking Air (De Havilland) Twin Otter fleet over time as the all-new SkyCourier will deliver competitive economics and field performance in the 19-passenger commuter category.
The flight deck in the Cessna SkyCourier is equipped with the Garmin G1000 NXi, integrated 3- axis autopilot and optional weather radar and synthetic vision.
The Cessna SkyCourier is powered by 2 x Pratt & Whitney PT6A-65SC turboprop engines generating 1,100 shp each, delivering a max speed cruise of 200 ktas and a max range of 900 nm (400 nm with a 5,000 payload).
Compare Cessna SkyCourier
- Compare Cessna SkyCourier vs. Viking Air DHC-6-400 Twin Otter vs. Cessna Grand Caravan EX >>
- Compare Cessna SkyCourier vs. Daher Kodiak 100 vs. Cessna Caravan >>
- Compare Cessna SkyCourier vs. Beechcraft King Air 35Oi vs. Beechcraft King Air 250 >>
Cessna SkyCourier FAQs
- When was the Cessna SkyCourier first flight? The Cessna SkyCourier first flew on May 17, 2020.
- When is the Cessna SkyCourier due to enter service? The Cessna SkyCourier is expected to enter service in early 2022.
- When does Cessna expect the SkyCourier to achieve FAA Certification? The Cessna SkyCourier is expected to achieve FAA certification in 2021.
- What is the range of a Cessna SkyCourier? The SkyCourier has a max (ferry) range of 900 nm and 400 nm at 5,000 lbs paylod (commuter max payload).
- What is the max cruise speed of a Cessna SkyCourier? The max cruise speed of the SkyCourier is 200 ktas.
- What is the take-off distance of a Cessna SkyCourier? The SkyCourier has a take-off field length of 3,300 ft.
- What is the service ceiling of a Cessna SkyCourier? The SkyCourier has a service ceiling of 25,000 ft at MTOW.
- What avionics suite / flight deck does the Cessna SkyCourier have? The SkyCourier flight deck is equipped with the Garmin G1000 NXi.
- How many seats does a Cessna SkyCourier have? The SkyCourier has standard seating for 19 passengers and 2 crew in a commuter configuration (2 crew in freighter configuration).
- What engines are in the Cessna SkyCourier? The SkyCourier is powered by 1 x P&WC PT6A-65SC engine.
- How much thrust does the Cessna SkyCourier produce? The P&WC PT6A-65SC engines on the SkyCourier produce 1,100 hp.
- What is the TBO (time between overhauls) on the Cessna SkyCourier engines? The Pratt & Whitney PT6A-65SC engines have not yet published their TBO.
- What maintenance programs are available for the Cessna SkyCourier? The SkyCourier is eligible for the P&WC ESP programs that now cover the PT6.